COVID Clinic Protocols and Procedures
I hope you and your families have been keeping well. I am happy to let you know that the doors of the clinic are open. In order to help keep clients and therapists healthy and safe, new protocols and procedures for the clinic have been set by the guidance of these professional regulators, the BC Centre for Disease Control, WorkSafeBC and the Provincial Health Officer. I will be implementing these protocols and will inform you of current procedures so you feel safe and comfortable when coming to your appointment. Rest assured that I aim to meet or exceed these requirements and in doing so; apologize in advance for this lengthy email and appreciate your full attention throughout it’s entirety.
These guidelines are designed to minimize contact between client and therapist whenever and wherever possible, but due to the nature of our business, this in not possible in a treatment setting. There still remains a small, but potential risk of transmission. Please expect a screening process as well as a signed consent acknowledging this risk.
What to Expect
- Please take the Self-Assessment tool https://bc.thrive.health the night before or early morning prior to your appointment. Here is an example of those questions. You will be asked these questions before entering the treatment room.
Pre-screening question prior to entering
1) Are you experiencing the following?
- Shortness of breath of difficultly breathing
- Severe chest pain
- New or worsening cough
- Sore throat/painful swallowing
- Runny nose, non allergy related
- New body/muscle aches
- New or unusual headaches
- Loss of sense of smell and/or taste
- Feeling confused
- Your therapist will personally be doing daily symptom checks and cancelling appointments if they have any symptoms at all.
2) Have you been in close contact with anyone who has COVID-19?
3) Have you recently travelled outside of the country within the last 14 days?
Advance notice of cancellation is always appreciated. During this time, however if symptoms arise the night before or morning of an appointment, the 48 –hour cancellation policy will be relaxed.
- Hand Sanitizer
Upon entering the clinic, hands will be sprayed with isopropyl alcohol 70% solution or application of hand sanitizing gel. Hand washing is also available in the restroom. If you have allergies to these products, please bring CDC approved sanitizer with you.
- Mask/Face Shield
Please be prepared to bring and wear a mask (cloth or disposable) covering your nose and mouth prior to entering the clinic. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you.
The therapist will be wearing a face shield and/or mask for their protection and yours.
- Hand Washing
Therapist will adhere to strict proper hand and arm cleaning of 20 seconds of soaping and rinsing prior to your session.
- Waiting Area
All magazines and reading material will be removed. Please bring your own source of drinking water, as there will be no water available.
Please come alone to your appointment. If you need an assist, please notify the therapist prior to your appointment.
- Appointment Time
Please arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment time and remain outside or in your car until your appointment time. Please be prompt so that cleaning procedures can be completed in time for the following client. The therapist will open the door for you. If the weather is not permitting the waiting area will be available. Please let the therapist open and close all doors for you.
All sheets and blankets used during treatment will be single-use only, and then laundered in hot water afterwards. If you feel more comfortable, you are welcome to bring your own sheets and blankets. When coming in, keep them in a plastic bag at all times. Give the sheets to your therapist to set up or you. The therapist will also remove the used sheets and place them back into your bag, to be returned back to you after treatment.
If possible, please e transfer payment prior to your appointment time to [email protected] . I have auto deposit. Payment can also be cash or cheque. Please have the cheque made out in advance and place cash in an envelope. Cash needs to be the exact change. Thank you.
These protocols are in place to ensure the health and safety of you, your loved ones, your therapist and their families. I thank you for your continued support, patience and understanding. If ever there are any questions or concerns, please always feel free to present them.
Clinic Hygiene and Disinfecting Procedures
I am committed to doing my best to disinfect and cover as many reasonable areas as required and necessary. These procedures can and may change due to the evolving nature of the COVID-19 pandemic. Please inform me if you have any further questions, comments, or suggestions in order to ensure you continue to feel safe, secure and healthy while receiving treatment here. Below is a list of what I will be doing to insure an optimal environment.
- Therapist will do a self-check before commencing a day’s work.
- Therapist will wash their hands before and after each session in hot soapy water for 20 seconds.
- You will be the only person in the waiting area, if used.
- All clients are pre-screened the day before and day of their appointment before any treatment begins.
- I have increased time between scheduled appointments to allow for disinfecting and sanitizing procedures in all areas of the clinic.
- All client exposed areas around the treatment table are disinfected after every treatment including, but not limited to table accessories, attachments, face rest, lotion bottles, table base, clothes hooks and floors.
- Please hang your clothes on the hooks behind the door or on the chair in the treatment room. There will be a sanitized container for small person items such as wallet, keys, jewelry or watches.
- The treatment room chair, and door handles are disinfected after every treatment.
- All used linen and blankets are “single use” and laundered in the clinic using hot water and soap. Clean laundry is stored away from the used ones.
- I am required to wear a mask during treatment, before and after every treatment.
- I will wash my hands before touching office equipment, door handles.
We thank you for your patience during this time!